turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

So I didn’t receive my second stimulus check and filed the credit on this year taxes but the irs sending me a check in the mail will it affect my taxes

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
HB88
Level 5

So I didn’t receive my second stimulus check and filed the credit on this year taxes but the irs sending me a check in the mail will it affect my taxes

How did you file for the Recovery Rebate Credit this year? The option under Federal asked about the first stimulus not the second?

The IRS originally indicated that they would process stimulus payments until January 15.  But they continued to process stimulus payments and will do so until February 15.

Many people are in the same situation as you are. You can cash the check and use the money.  The IRS has not yet told us how they will handle this, but they will have some procedure.  They will contact people if they decide they need any type of verification.  

Manage cookies