Solved: Single Member LLC as S Corp

degmobedada

Single Member LLC as S Corp

Hi,

I have a single member LLC and I have elected it to be taxed as an S Corp.  I also have a full time job and I have a w-2 for it.   A couple of questions:

1. I am using TurboTax business for my LLC and have selected the option "S Corp".  It's asking me if I have paid anyone including a shareholder.  Since I am the sole owner and I do the actual work, do I become the shareholder and therefore I have to create a W2 or 1099 for myself?  If so, which one do I create (W2 or 1099)?

2.  Also, how do I transfer income from my business filing to the personal one?

tagteam

Single Member LLC as S Corp

You create a W-2 for yourself since you are technically an employee of the corporation (hopefully, you have been paying yourself a salary and withholding federal and, possibly state tax).

The income is transferred when you enter the information from your K-1 into your individual income tax return (a K-1 will be generated in the process of preparing the 1120-S).

tagteam

Single Member LLC as S Corp