Solved: Should I list my husband's current occupation (he began in 2018 and did not work in 2017) or should I leave that section blank?

Should I list my husband's current occupation (he began in 2018 and did not work in 2017) or should I leave that section blank?

The IRS is not that particular about what job is listed in the Occupation field. Usually, you would enter the Occupation that earned the income you are reporting on your 2017 tax return. If your spouse was unemployed for the entire year you could enter unemployed.