turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Should I be concerned that my Federal File is still showing as pending? I am unable to verify myself to pay my quarterly payments to the irs...

In addition, I owed for 2020 and I need them to just take that already
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Should I be concerned that my Federal File is still showing as pending? I am unable to verify myself to pay my quarterly payments to the irs...

the IRS is behind in processing returns so your situation is quite common.

you can always submit form 1040-es by mail. Tuyurbotax should have the forms but here's another source

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040es.pdf

@ ajtorres52018-gm wrote:
In addition, I owed for 2020 and I need them to just take that already

You asked: "Should I be concerned that my Federal File is still showing as pending?"

What do you mean by that?   In regard to the term you used "pending" , are you seeing that exact term somewhere?  

When did you efile?  Did you just recently efile in the last 24-48 hours, and if so, is the efile status showing as "pending" in your Online TurboTax account?  i.e., has the efile not yet even been accepted or rejected?  Or has your efiled return been accepted for processing?    I assume you used Online TurboTax, so what exact efile status is showing at the Tax Home of your Online TurboTax account?

You wrote:  "In addition, I owed for 2020 and I need them to just take that already"

If it's your efile status that is showing as "pending", then that would mean the IRS has not yet started processing the return.

You wrote:  "I am unable to verify myself to pay my quarterly payments to the irs..."

Are you referring to the IRS Direct Pay website?    Here are some FAQs from the IRS website:

How does the IRS verify my identity?

"We will use information from one of your prior year processed tax returns to verify your identity. In step two, you can choose one of the last six year's tax returns for identity verification. It does not need to be the same year as the tax year for payment."

I'm getting a message that Direct Pay cannot verify my identity, what should I do?

"Direct Pay uses information from a prior year's tax return to verify your identify. The return year you use for verification does not have to be the same as the Tax Year for Payment. Make sure that you enter your name and address as they were on your tax return for the tax year you select for verification. You may find it helpful to use your most recent return, or try using your information from a different year."

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies