davehodgesconstr

Shared policy percentage, form 1095-a. How is this figured?

I'm self employed, my son was on my policy.
Coleen3

You can indicate that you shared the policy and prorate. See the screen shots below.  The pro-rations must add up to 100%. Apart from that the two of you can prorate however you want to. You can also click on the blue link.  What percentage of the following policy amounts do you want to claim on your tax return?  See "How do I figure out these percentages?" when you get to that screen.

Child/Children on another tax return

If you share a policy with someone who is claimed on another tax return (usually a child), you can take the number of people on your tax return who are covered on that plan and divide it by the total number of people on the plan. This would be your percentage of premiums, SLCSP and advanced payment of the premium tax credit, unless you agreed on a different number beforehand.