Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

SEIC-F1040-506-03 Rejection despite correct entries.

SEIC-F1040-506-03 - Each 'QualifyingChildSSN' that has a value on Schedule EIC (Form 1040), must not be equal to another Qualifying Child SSN on another accepted return for the same tax year.

This was true the first time I transmitted the taxes, my ex wife and I trade off claiming our child each year and I forgot it was her turn. So I went back in and checked the box that she would be claiming him this year. The child tax credit went away and I resubmitted.

Then I got the same exact rejection again, after making those changes.

What am I supposed to do here? Remove my child totally from the return? That doesn’t seem right.

Any help would be appreciated.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
ee-ea
Level 15

Thanks, that's for a different rejection code, and we have been e-filing the past few years since our divorce without any issues claiming him on and off per our agreement.

It seems to me this years TurboTax would be causing the issue by incorrectly filling out a form somewhere.

I believe she claimed "Head of Household" this year, and it's her turn to claim the child. Would that have something to do with it? I filed as single.

OK I think I figured it out! 

I had entered that he lived with me for the whole year when it was supposed to be 6 months

that's what made him be set as dependent despite having the "every other year" radio box set. 

Resubmitted, fingers crossed. If it gets rejected again I'll come back to the drawing board here...

Jenesp

Hi! Did this end up working for you? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies