Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Seemingly spurious entry on Form 8995

On the Form 8995 generated for my return, TT lists four entities:

• The name and partnership employer ID numbers for each of the two LPs I've invested in.
  • The name and EIN for the sole proprietorship I report on Schedule C.
  • Me: my name and SSN.

I'm suspicious about the last of these.

TT also generates a Qualified Business Income Component Worksheet for each of these entities. In the box above line 1 on these worksheets, the name and tax ID number is shown for the LPs and my sole proprietorship, but on the worksheet for me alone, there's just my name:

biz name blurred.png

Unless there is a reason for TT to treat me as an individual separately from me as a sole proprietor, the entry on From 8995 for me, as well as on the corresponding QBI Component Worksheet, seem unnecessary.  If they are, how can I get TT to avoid generating them? 

(I checked to see if TT thought I ran two Schedule C businesses, but in interview mode, only one business is shown, and TT generates only one Schedule C for the return.)

I'm running the desktop Home & Business version of TT on Windows.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The component worksheets are generated for each activity but are not filed - for your eyes only

I can't duplicate your issue. what i list in box C as the business name on schedule C appears on the component worksheet as both the aggregate name at the top and the business name in the middle.and the 8995 that is filed. I using a different desktop version and created two k-1's and a schedule c and i ended up with only 3 component worksheets, one summary worksheet and the 8995 which only reported the schedule c once using the business name.  

so unless the 8995 is reporting the same amounts from schedule c twice I wouldn't worry about the duplicate component worksheet though I admit it shouldn't exist. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

The component worksheets are generated for each activity but are not filed - for your eyes only

I can't duplicate your issue. what i list in box C as the business name on schedule C appears on the component worksheet as both the aggregate name at the top and the business name in the middle.and the 8995 that is filed. I using a different desktop version and created two k-1's and a schedule c and i ended up with only 3 component worksheets, one summary worksheet and the 8995 which only reported the schedule c once using the business name.  

so unless the 8995 is reporting the same amounts from schedule c twice I wouldn't worry about the duplicate component worksheet though I admit it shouldn't exist. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies