turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Seeking Advice on Filing 2023 Tax Return

I’m reaching out for some advice regarding my 2023 tax return. I had extended the filing deadline to 10/15/2024, but I’m facing a dilemma. The reason I haven’t submitted my 2023 tax return yet is that I’m still waiting for my 2022 amended tax refund to be processed. I need the stock rollover amount from the amended return to complete my 2023 filing.

I recently followed up with the IRS, but they informed me that the 2022 amended refund is still under processing. Given this situation, should I go ahead and file my 2023 return without the rollover amount and amend it later if needed? Or would it be advisable to estimate the rollover amount and include it in my 2023 filing?

Any guidance on the best approach would be greatly appreciated.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

What are you waiting for?  When you did the amended return it should have told you the new amount.  The IRS won’t tell you.  You didn’t have to wait to file 2023.  You don’t have to wait for the amended return to process.  Just enter the new amount in 2023.

Is it the Capital Loss Carryover?  Print out your 2022 to get it.  

I see you have another ongoing thread on this.  Ignore this one and stick with your other posts.  It has more details.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies