See this FAQ. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" hr...

My freinds and family told me after the fact that there is a FREE turbotax version which they used and FILED for FREE both state and federal returns. I want a refund!

I make a lousy 16k/yr and this is a ripoff!  My family makes 35k/yr and gets to use the FREE version!!  I should too.  I want a refund of this payment to TurboTax and switched to the FREE version IMMEDIATELY!

But Turbotax just RIPPED ME OFF for $259 to do what my family does for FREE!!  I make 16K/yr!!!

If you only made $16k, why did you sign up for TT Live?

The income limit for the IRS sponsored Free File Alliance version is $34,000 per year.   This version is also required by IRS regulation to be completely free with no add-ons or upgrades, so Live CPA assistance would not be available. (Your user icon indicates that you used the Live self-employed version.)

If you think you qualified for the IRS free file version, and you want to discuss your fees with customer support, you will have to call them on Monday.

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
**If a post answers your question, choose it by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer".**

I've been trying to find a phone number to call!!!   I thought this was a CHAT with TURBOTAX, not a $&(*(& FORUM!!   Please give me their working phone number!

you seem upset.

See this FAQ.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041">https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041</a>

Really?  What gave you that idea?  Because I paid $259 for something I could have gotten for FREE?  You don't say!

Support is closed on weekends after tax season