Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Schwab import fails

A suggestion is go into your Schwab account and click on the option that allows for sharing.  Then sign off and go back to try downloading into TT.  The verbiage you're now seeing is what CS has on their site to authorize sharing.  Since you will now have already authed CS to share, it should skip this step with in the TT download process.   Good luck.

Schwab import fails

The fix I have is to only use Firefox as the default web browser and not edge for downloading 1099’s from Schwab to TurboTax 2022. Why TurboTax will only recognize downloaded 1099’s from Schwab using Firefox is a TurboTax issue in my opinion.

yvic
Level 2

Schwab import fails

Already did that and results: NO GO  But thanks for the suggestion

yvic
Level 2

Schwab import fails

I use neither Edge or Firefox...I use Chrome

Schwab import fails

I have been unable to import 2022 tax information from Schwab, even though Turbo Tax is enabled already for all of my accounts.  I followed all of the recommended steps and still get an error message. HELP

Schwab import fails

Windows edge is the problem. Change default internet app in window settings to FireFox. I did this and it worked with no issues. After I changed back to windows edge as default internet app.

Schwab import fails

FWIW, my import was successful in the first attempt this year.  MacBook Pro running Ventura OS 13.2 and Safari browser.  I had to log into Intuit and it took several screens to get it all done, but it did all work just fine.

ntduffy

Schwab import fails

I had the same issue filing my 2023 taxes with TurboTax Premier Desktop.  Using the Brave browser, I logged into Schwab from Turbotax, logged into the Schwab account, and it said the data was obtained, but there was no data in Turbotax.  I tried it again with Firefox the exact same way, and the Schwab 1099 data was downloaded correctly into Turbotax.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies