Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Schwab import 1099 blank login page on PC - hacky workaround

I am using TT Premier on a Windows PC. When I try to import my Charles Schwab 1099 (INT or B) info I end up with a blank popup window with the title "Bank Login".  It is pretty hard to login with a blank page (I actually did but that is another story).

I found a hacky way to get the page to draw the UI (definitely not pretty but functional): pick a new display resolution and then revert back (changing the scaling also works but requires more steps).

The login page will draw the UI exactly once per display resolution set/revert. The page will appear non-functional but it is working just not updating the UI.

I clicked in the login field and typed in my id. The UI appears frozen but another display resolution set/revert shows my id is there.

Repeat for the password field: click and type your password in. Click on the show password "eye" if you want to see your un-obfuscated password. Again the UI appears frozen but a display resolution set/revert shows the password is there.

Click on the login button and set/revert the display resolution to see the next page.

On the next page there is a check box down near the bottom so need to scroll the page. Click and drag the scrollbar to the bottom. It will not appear to work but do a display resolution set/revert to set the page scrolled. 

Continue to use the display resolution set/revert to get the page to update. Fill in the forms as necessary. Remember the window will appear not to work because it is not updating. But it was working for me.

Hacky but it worked for me.

I hope this helps

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
heytofu

You're the man! I am finally able to download my 1099 from Sch. I don't know how you came up with this hack but it's genius. Thank you. 

consultjrc1
Returning Member

not technical enough to carry out the hack. any other advice

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@consultjrc1

Please see this Help Article if you are having issues importing your 1099.  If you are unable to complete these steps, please reach out so we can walk you through your specific concerns.  To do this, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I agree you are a genius to come up with this. I spent an hour on the phone with with Turbotax folks and only advice I got was change my password with Schwab and try again which didnt work.  This is a little challenging to do but once you follow instructions carefully it does work.  Just difficult because you are doing all entries without seeing what you are typing.  

I wonder if just changing the resolution would work? 

Changing/reverting the display resolution worked for me.  I was using resolution of 1920X1080.  Thanks so much for the hack workaround.

From one Bryan to another - cheers!

xor

Awesome, toggling the display resolution worked for me too!

Sure seems like a bug in the TurboTax interface to the display drivers.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies