Ask the Experts about self-employment >> Event happening NOW!
jimshead48

Schedule K-1

I need to enter income from a Schedule K-1. I searched the Turbo Tax answers, and the answer is that I should search on K-1, which I do, and then click on the Jump To link and then follow the prompts. But I don't see any Jump To link when I do the search, just the same answers that told me to click on the Jump To link.

MinhT1

Schedule K-1

You can use this alternative method.

You can enter your Schedule K-1 by following these steps:

1. In TurboTax, open your tax return
  2. Click on Federal in the left-hand column, then on Wages & Income on top of the screen
  3. Scroll down to All Income, locate the section S-Corps, Partnerships, and Trusts and click on Show more
  4. Click Start next to Schedule K-1.

MinhT1

Schedule K-1

You can use this alternative method.

1. In TurboTax, open your tax return
  4. Click Start next to Schedule K-1.

tagteam

Schedule K-1

Just click the Personal tab (at the top of the screen) and scroll down to Schedule K-1.

tagteam

Schedule K-1

Frankly, I fail to understand the solution (i.e., "best answer") considering the tag the user chose (or was chosen for the user) is TurboTax Home & Biz Windows. For that product, the solution simply does not work.

The solution addresses, and works for, the online version of TurboTax but then the answer does not match the tag.

jimshead48

Schedule K-1

Yes, I think you are right. But since before I received that answer, I wasn't getting anywhere at all, I was abel to figure out a way to adapt what I was given to Turbotax on my Windows platform, and I began to find the K-1 entry area. So I was very happy, even if I had to do some adapting. The basic principles for the two platforms are similar, just not quite the same interface.