boatx

Schedule H is still missing from 2020

I'm trying to complete the data required to calculate Nanny Taxes in Schedule H, but when I get to that section in TurboTax, I get an error that says that the IRS is still working on it. 

Screenshot 2021-01-28 103408.png

I can find the form on the IRS website and it looks finished to me.

What's the issue? Is this a bug or an actual feature that's still in development? The calculations are pretty straightforward.

Schedule H is still missing from 2020

The IRS has not yet finalized the Schedule H instructions for tax year 2020.

Schedule H is estimated to be available on 02/04/2021 (subject to change)

Go to this website for IRS forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

Schedule H is still missing from 2020

sensibleb

Schedule H is still missing from 2020

Hi there.  While Schedule H has been released, at least based on our personal circumstances, where we have provided paid Family Leave to our housekeeper under FFCRA, it appears that the Schedule H calculations in Turbotax are incorrect in that they are not following the formula's prescribed by the IRS to determine the non-refundable and refundable portion of the Family Leave credit.  This could potentially impact the amount of taxes you owe.  Below is a summary of the issue that I reported to TurboTax today.  Flagging in case you or others are impacted by the same issue, as you may want to hold off on filing until TurboTax acknowledges / resolves the issue with a software update.

I am using TurboTax Premier (Download) for Mac - 2020.  This error will not be visible to you unless you review the Schedule H in "Forms" mode.

On the "Lines 8b and 8e - Nonrefundable and Refundable Credit for Qualified Sick and Family Leave Wages Smart Worksheet" of Schedule H, Line F calls for you to add amounts from lines 8h, 8i of Part I of the Schedule H with Line E of the Smart Worksheet.

Line F is a calculated field that cannot be overwritten.

It appears that Line F is not pulling the data from line 8h (and potentially line 8i) of the Schedule H.

For example, on my return, line 8h of Schedule H has a balance of $3,634 and line E of the Smart Worksheet has a balance of $53, so Line F of the Smart Worksheet should be $3,687 ($3,634 + $53), but Line F of the Smart Worksheet is only showing $53.

Because Line F is a direct or indirect input to Lines G, H and I of the Smart Worksheet, in my instance, this is then causing Lines G, H and I of the Smart Worksheet to be underreported.

mcfish

Schedule H is still missing from 2020

I have also been having issues with the FFCRA sections of Schedule H.  Unlike @sensibleb, my nonrefundable and refundable portions are calculated correctly... but TurboTax is not correctly deducting the nonrefundable portion of the credit.

Line 25 of Schedule H is properly carried down from 8c, but line 26 is the sum of line 16 and line 8a!  Robbing me of the credit from line 8b.