Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Schedule E Worksheet

In transmitting  my Federal Tax (and after paying fee for two state tax transmissions) I get message

"Schedule E Worksheet (property) Sec 179 Carryover-Reg should not be entered because this property is not 

a commercial property."

What I had entered was a zero (0).   I entered a blank and diagnostic appeared saying "type in a number". I reentered the zero and clicked continue and was sent back to "Transmit your return". 

I got message "We need to make one more check" and again got message "Schedule E Worksheet (property

etc.

I am stuck in a loop. I have no section 179 carryover. Last year I had a similar problem but Turbotax let me transmit the return. So now I have paid to transmit two state tax returns and I can't transmit them either.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Schedule E Worksheet

Please clarify which version of TurboTax you are using: Online or Desktop? Windows or Mac?

Since the Section 179 issue wasn't resolved before you filed your return last year, you may need to manually remove the number from the Schedule E worksheet. Forms access is available only in TurboTax for Desktop.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Schedule E Worksheet

I am on a PC using desktop. I had tried removing zero with no success. With your answer I used the backspace key to remove zero. With that Turbo Tax had no problem transmitting returns. Thx.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies