Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

schedule c and form 8829

Hi,

I'd like to say thank you in advance to anyone that can help.  I have two questions:

1.)  After completing my return it appears that there is a partially filled out Schedule C with limited data.  The data appears to be from 2019.  Can I delete this schedule C?  If so how?

2.)  I am using form 8829 to calculate a deduction for my wife's office use in our home. I am using the Simplified Method Smart Worksheet.  On line B I entered the square footage of the office:  225.  On line C I am to list the lesser of 225 or 300 and entered 225.  When I run the check function it indicates that this is an error.  I don't know how to fix it.  Any help??

Again, thanks for your help.

bagboy2002

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

schedule c and form 8829

You can delete the partial Schedule C if you were not in that business in 2020. TurboTax will carry over information from last year so you don't have to re-enter basic information year after year. It also remembers categories and descriptions to help you fill in your expenses.

Not sure why you are getting an error in the simplified home office worksheet. Lines B and C should be 225. Try entering your information using the Interview. In general it is not a good idea of enter numbers directly on the forms, as TurboTax often needs to carry information from other places to do accurate calculations.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies