Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

RSU W-2 disposition calculated by TT is different from the number listed on w-2 box 14

In one of the steps, I saw this - "Let's review your employee stock plan results" and "We've calculated your disposition amounts based on your employee stock sales" Make sure you check your W-2 to determine if your amounts were included in your box 1 wages", and then there is a Plan type - RSU and W-2 disposition $xxx.xx, and a check mark under "Reported on W-2". I found this disposition amount is quite different from the W-2 box 14 RSU amount. It's only a fraction of where box 14 listed. Does this TT calculated W-2 disposition amount mean how much I sold out of where box 14 RSU amount received? Thank you!  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

RSU W-2 disposition calculated by TT is different from the number listed on w-2 box 14

If you know the Cost Basis of stock you sold, you can enter it in TurboTax as a regular stock sale.   You don't need to choose Employee Stock and go through the steps; there's no tax reason for doing so, and it can be confusing.

If you received a 1099-B, here's How to Enter a 1099-B.

Click this link for detailed info on RSU's and Taxes you may find helpful.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies