Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Louise32

Roth Simple IRA rollover is resulting in pension income

I moved a Roth IRA from one bank to another by carrying a check to the new bank.  the 1099R indicates distribution code G (direct rollover).  It did not roll to a 401k or 403b.  Just to another simple Roth.  When I go thru the questions on Turbo tax it puts the amount of the rollover into pension income.  I shouldn't be taxable it was in a Roth not a simple IRA and additionally I put it back into a Roth.  How do I fix this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Is there an amount on line 4b of your 1040?

Louise32

There is an amount on 4b that looks correct as it was my husband's RMD from his IRA but there is an amount on 5b that is equal to the amount of my rollover.  We do not have any pension income

As you know code G is a direct rollover and not taxable. See if the little IRA box between boxes 7&8 is checked for IRA.  

If you are looking at a summary screen or review screen those show the full amount as income and lump a lot of stuff together. You need to check the actual 1040 form and make sure it's right.

If you rolled it over it should say Rollover to the left of the taxable amount on 4b or 5b.   

For Online, You can preview the 1040 or print the whole return

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/accessing/help/how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-f...

Louise32

There is an amount an 4b that is correct it is the amount of my husbands RMD from his IRA but there is an amount on 5b that is the amount of the rollover I did.  We do not have any pension income

Louise32

It does read Rollover next to the line on 5b but the amount still is adding into total taxable income

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies