Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

revoke consent

It is dishonest and believe made this way on purpose. I read an article that you can email privacy@intuit.com and state that you want to revoke consent. I personally will never use turbo tax just for this and discourage anyone to use it just for the reason that they don't provide the option to remove consent to share information. I was thinking I was giving consent to file until I realize it was to share my information and could not find the option to revoke it. I wasted three hours for no reason. I have not filed yet will not file with them again. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

revoke consent

I thought I was replying to a post but clicked on make a new post. This is in regards to the final step to finalize your taxes. It asks if you want to share your information. Not being aware of this I clicked yes and does not provide you the option to revoke that consent. I called turbo tax and customer service can't find an option to do this and other turbo tax users on this form also did this by accident and turbo tax does not provide the option to revoke it.

So beware of the last steps before finalizing your taxes as it asks to share your information and once you click yes you can't go back to it.  YOU CAN go back to other areas on the turbo tax and edit and modify but not THIS. I have been using turbo tax for years but just for this practice I am no longer using it. 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

revoke consent

Here is a link to the Intuit Privacy Center: https://www.intuit.com/privacy/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

revoke consent

I did and spoke with customer service and they were unable to find a way to reverse this. All I need help with is to remove the consent for the option for "Let us use your tax info to improve your experience." I am unable to modify this option. I don't want Turbo tax to use my tax info to improve my experience. Others on this form are also frustrated by this. If there is a way I can remove consent for this option that will be helpful for me and other turbo tax users who accidently clicked yes. 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

revoke consent

Did you click on the link above and update your preferences??

revoke consent

Thank you for your reply. I did click on the link and the "update your preferences" under the category of "your preferences" , please correct me if I am wrong, is for ".....how and when we reach out to you". I am looking for consent from data being shared. 

revoke consent

sorry removing consent for data being shared.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

revoke consent

You can go into Manage your Data.

Or if you go into update your preferences - click on Global Privacy Statement at the bottom.  

From there I scrolled down to this area. I think you can make changes here, as well. 

Hopefully this helps.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies