Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Ralf123

Return rejected FED_SchH_FUTA

My tax return has been rejected twice now and I never was in such a situation before. I used a third party to pay nanny taxes and filled out my tax return through TurboTax the way they did. Last year everything went fine, but this year my federal return and CA return are both rejected with the error code FED_SchH_FUTA. This is the error message:

Let's take a look at your return
Description of error:
There is an issue related to Schedule H, Household Employee Taxes
What needs to be done:
A software update to resolve this problem is scheduled for release on April 7, 2023. On or after that date, you'll need to sign into TurboTax, complete a quick review (steps below), and resubmit your return. This is just for your Federal 1040 tax return.

So I doubt it's my fault, nonetheless I'm worried because April 7 is getting much closer to April 18. Any advice? Should I stay calm and wait until April 8? The weird part is that both my federal and CA return are rejected with the same error code, but the description calls out only the federal return.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

Yes.  You should wait for the update.  CA is a credit reduction state meaning there is a small additional unemployment tax that must be applied on schedule H.  Likely your third party handled paying that tax but it may not be properly reported on your tax return until after the update.  

The error is called out on the federal return as the schedule H is a federal form.  Once the federal filing is rejected the state return will reject for the same reason. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Ralf123

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, the third party paid this tax already and I mentioned this in the statement. That worked last year fine, too. I'll wait until the 7th. I'm only concerned about the deadline getting closer and me not knowing if the fix was rolled out on Friday.

Ralf123

I submitted today again and it worked. 

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for the update! We are glad that it worked for you. 

@Ralf123 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies