Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Return Rejected: "ED_3800_part2Line10b - There is an issue related to Form 3800, General Business Credit."

Hiya,

I've been using TT for longer than I can remember and this is the first year my return was rejected.  Hoping for some clarity here.

I have a home energy credit of $600 which TT has placed on Form 5695 and TT shows as being e-file ready.  However, when my return was rejected the accompanying message stating:

"ED_3800_part2Line10b - There is an issue related to Form 3800, General Business Credit."

However, form 3800 also shows e-file as e-file ready.

TT provides a bit more information on the e-file status screen, stating:

There is an issue related to Form 3800, General Business Credit.

This issue will be resolved in a product release scheduled for March 22, 2024. On or after March 22, 2024, sign in to TurboTax and follow the steps below to review and resubmit your return.

[steps removed by me]

Note that your tax refund/liability may have changed due to Energy Efficient Home Energy Credit now being accounted for on the General Business Credit Form - General business credits are limited to your tax liability minus any personal credits.

Here are a few questions:

1. TT installed an update today, 3/16/24, but since my $600 credit still shows on form 5695, I assume today's update did NOT fix the above mentioned issue. Am I correct and are there release notes?
  2. Is the update still on schedule for 3/22/23, if so, what time is the update scheduled to drop
  3. How will I know the update fixes this issue, i.e., will my credit move to form 3800 and will 5695 be delete.  Again, are there release notes I can review?
  4. Finally, am I understanding all this correctly because my home energy credits have nothing to do with business so I can't see why it makes sense to move them to business form 3800.

Given that I am in the health care exchanges, it's critical I file my taxes in a timely fashion, especially since I need to pay back some premium subsidies this year, so this situation has me more than a little anxious.  Any help would be most appreciated.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Return Rejected: "ED_3800_part2Line10b - There is an issue related to Form 3800, General Business Credit."

There are issues still be resolved in relation to this. You can get updates through this link. Why is Form 3800 Part 3 doubling my General Business Credit amount?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies