Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Residential energy credit for 2019

I want to amend my 2019 tax return to add a residential energy credit.

How can I determine if the skylights we bought qualify?

TT states:

Homeowners should check for the following:
- the manufacturer's tax credit certification statement before purchasing or installing any of these improvements (usually found on the manufacturer's website or with the product packaging. NOTE: The credit certification is for your records and NOT sent to the IRS.
- the IRS cautions that the manufacturer's certification is different from the Department of Energy's Energy Star label, and not all Energy Star labeled products qualify for the tax credits.

The website of the skylight states that it is "Energy Star Qualified". I can't find any other information. Is this sufficient, or what do I need to look for? (What do I need to keep for records?)

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

As you already are aware, it would be the manufacturer's certification (usually signed).

If you cannot find it on their web site, there should be contact information so you can request a copy of the statement.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

As you already are aware, it would be the manufacturer's certification (usually signed).

If you cannot find it on their web site, there should be contact information so you can request a copy of the statement.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies