Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Slwilson1
Returning Member

Remote Work FL-LA Dont know how to file for 2022 !!!!! Ton of Questions...

Hi, I am a100% remote employee, resident of Florida and just purchased a home in Louisiana last year as my primary residence . My POE still has my FL address and knows Im in Louisiana and I Filed FL taxes this year 2021 and I did not catch a break on homestead because I did not want to break the law because I am not a Louisiana resident . I want to start paying taxes out here mainly so I can be "legit" . My employer is willing to change the address on file to my home  to file for homestead this year yet, I do not want to change my licensce nor tags from FL because by the end of this year Im thinking about selling and just moving back.

So my question is , I know its right to start paying taxes where I remotely work yet do I have to change my liscence and tags over and the address on file with my employer to get homestead on LA taxes?  And with a FL residency status how would I file homestead although I pay LA taxes? Would I still file a FL tax return and a non residential LA return?  That would cancel my homestead. Im super confused as to how to keep my residency pay taxes and file for homestead -

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies