Slwilson1
Returning Member

Remote Work FL-LA Dont know how to file for 2022 !!!!! Ton of Questions...

Hi, I am a100% remote employee, resident of Florida and just purchased a home in Louisiana last year as my primary residence . My POE still has my FL address and knows Im in Louisiana and I Filed FL taxes this year 2021 and I did not catch a break on homestead because I did not want to break the law because I am not a Louisiana resident . I want to start paying taxes out here mainly so I can be "legit" . My employer is willing to change the address on file to my home  to file for homestead this year yet, I do not want to change my licensce nor tags from FL because by the end of this year Im thinking about selling and just moving back.

So my question is , I know its right to start paying taxes where I remotely work yet do I have to change my liscence and tags over and the address on file with my employer to get homestead on LA taxes?  And with a FL residency status how would I file homestead although I pay LA taxes? Would I still file a FL tax return and a non residential LA return?  That would cancel my homestead. Im super confused as to how to keep my residency pay taxes and file for homestead -