Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Natashagarrison
Returning Member

REJECTED REFUND

SO MY REFUND WAS SENT FOR DD TO MY BANK ON 2/21, IT WAS REJECYED (WHICH I ALREADY KNEW WOULD HAPPEN DUE TO HAVING TO CLOSE MY ACCOUNT FOR FRADULENT ACTIVITY). SBTPG AND TT SAYS MY REFUND WAS RETURNED TO THE IRS ON 2/28, SO ALMOST 5 MONTHS AGO... I STILL HAVE NOTHING!! THE IRS SAYS THEY DO NOT HAVE IT, THEY HAVE DONE TRACES YADA YADA, AND I AM LITERALLY GETTING NO WHERE. IRS STATED IT WAS SUCCESFULLY DEPOSITED INTO MY ACCOUNT WHICH IS FALSE BC THEY CANT DEPOSIT MONEY INTO AN ACCOUNT THAT DOES NOT EXSIST. WHEN I TRIED TO GIVE THE IRS THESE TRACING AND SUBMISSION ID #'S THEY WOULDNT HAVE ANY OF IT AND DIDNT CARE TO LISTEN TO ME. WHAT CAN I DO OR WHO CAN I CONTACT?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
Natashagarrison
Returning Member

REJECTED REFUND

I TRIED, THE LADY ON THE PHONE BOTH TIMES WAS VERY RUDE. SHE STATED THE SINCE THE IRS ALREADY RAN A TRACE AND DIDNT FIND ANYTHNG THERE WAS NOTHING MORE THAT THEY COULD DO.

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

REJECTED REFUND

Since your bank account was closed, you can also try submitting Form 3911 to obtain a replacement check from the IRS if the refund was never deposited and you can show proof of the account being closed.  Please see this link for steps to complete this form.

@Natashagarrison 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Natashagarrison
Returning Member

REJECTED REFUND

THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE AS WELL.

REJECTED REFUND

1) are you sure that the IRS got your return?

2) what did the IRS refund trace indicate? 

3) what does your return transcript show as to refund?

those steps may be unnecessary 

AS I see it that leaves you only two options. one. write your congresspeople and include full details. No guarantee it will produce results. two. hire a tax pro that could file a power of attorney and get details of what has transpired. Based on that knowledge they MAY be able to do something to get you your refund. However, be wary if it's a small refund a pro will either not want to deal with it or charge a fee that is substantial in relation to what you were supposed to get back

REJECTED REFUND

@Natashagarrison Others are giving you some suggestions to get your refund.   I am going to offer some advice for next year.   That is----do NOT use "refund processing" and choose to pay your TurboTax fees from your federal refund.   If you use a paid version of the software, pay for your software upfront BEFORE you e-file, using a credit or debit card.  That way, you will completely avoid any involvement with the third party bank that handles refund processing.  Your return will go to the IRS, and the IRS will send you refund directly to you.  That will also save you an extra fee----did you realize you were paying $40 ($45 in CA) to have your fees deducted from your refund?

Of course, you still need to use a bank account that is not compromised by fraud or by being closed before you get your refund, and you need to be very sure that your mailing address on your tax form is correct.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

REJECTED REFUND

If you chose to have your fees deducted from your federal refund, but entered wrong or closed bank account information for your direct deposit, you are going to have an aggravating, frustrating situation.  Your refund will go back to the third party bank. The third party bank might issue and mail you a check, or they might send your refund back to the IRS and then you will have to wait for the IRS to mail you a check.

If the third party bank mails the check, it will come in a plain envelope via first class mail so make sure you open all mail and do not assume anything is junk mail without opening it.  While you are waiting, make sure that the address you entered on your tax return is correct, or your problem will be even worse.

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

How can I see my TurboTax  fees?   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565973-how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online

What is Refund Processing Service?

https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-3911-taxpayer-statement-regarding-refund

https://www.irs.gov/faqs/irs-procedures/refund-inquiries/refund-inquiries-0

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies