turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Reinstalling 2019 and 2020 TurboTax

My computer died and I am trying to reinstall previous versions of TuirboTax on another computer because I do have the .tax2019 and .tax2020 files. These purchases were from Costco and downloaded from SDS Software Download Store (esd.synnex.com)(. But the license codes they provided will not work with the downloads I make from ttlc.intuit.com. Any advice for me?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

It's unfortunate, but you will never be able to activate the 2019 software since Intuit shut down activation for that tax year. 

The 2020 product should activate but not for long and it might be that you have run out of activations for the 2020 product.

You can try calling Support if that's the case:

What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)

Why do you need to open your data files?  Do you have them saved as pdf files?  

Even if you reinstall the Desktop program,  you will never be able to  install and activate the 2019 program with the License Code.   The License Code started in 2019.  So 2019 needs to connect to Turbo Tax to verify the License Code.  But they have stopped supporting 2019.  They only support the last 3 years.  

Do you need to save them as a pdf file?   
If you have old .tax files you can try converting them to pdf files at  Www.Taxprinter.Com 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies