Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Mia14
Returning Member

Refund Advance page is down?

Screenshot_20230130-174542_Chrome.jpg

This is the step I am on in my return. I select the only option, the first step I confirmed is complete by going back to it. I am opting for the Refund Advance, then when I complete all the questions, I'm told I have pre-qualified and given some basic info on how the Refund Advance works. However, the next page that populates is this same page as depicted above. The only way I can progress to sign and file, is if I don't select Refund Advance. I contacted TurboTax experts to see if they could help. I was advised by the representative, "Unfortunately, it seems like credit karma refund advance page is down right now. I would wait until later today and try it again." I already had scheduled an appointment for a phone call later in the day, so when TurboTax called I let them know I'd gotten my resolution. However they said they hadn't heard of anyone else having this issue, and advised me to call back if it doesn't resolve by tomorrow. I've been looking online and also don't see anyone else having this issue, as well as it doesn't look like it's going to resolve today as it is still the same. I have cleared my cookies and cache, attempted to file on the app, even tried a different device and still got the same issue. If I switch it to direct deposit instead of the Advance option, the option to sign and file becomes available and Your Refund Info becomes checked off. However, I'm eligible for the refund advance and would like to use it.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

For this, please reach out directly to Credit Karma on their Contact Us page.

@Mia14

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Mia14
Returning Member

Hey Heather, I've reached out but I'm going to keep updating here because even the supervisors aren't able to fix my issue when I call in so I don't know what to do anymore. I called in this morning and shared my screen with the agent, who watched me try to file and saw the loop. She said this cannot be fixed and recommended I file with H&R Block instead. I was baffled, absolutely baffled. So I called back again and spoke with a representative who went through all of the basic troubleshooting with me such as clearing cookies and cache, updating credit karma information to match turbo tax, and using a laptop instead of a mobile device. We also screen shared throughout this process. The representative was unable to resolve the issue so she contacted a supervisor for assistance who began troubleshooting with us. We followed a Credit Karma article on how to link Credit Karma with TurboTax but saw no change in behavior. We cleared cookies and cache many times, logging out and closing the browser each time we did so. The supervisor used a more advanced remote desktop viewer to see my entire device screen to check Credit Karma as well, but was not able to locate any discrepancies or resolve the issue. Eventually, after 3 hours, the supervisor said it must be because we updated my address on Credit Karma and it will take time for that change to process through the system. The representative asked if I could check later that afternoon, but I had to work so she advised that if the issue persists tomorrow to call back. I'm feeling very discouraged because the first agent stated the issue can not be fixed, and so far that has been true because it has been about 14 hours since we updated my information and I still cannot move past the loop. I really don't know what to do, I don't want to file with anyone else but I am depending on access to an advance so I may have to bite the bullet and move on. :(

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies