Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

esparza2k

Reference code 8-312-029

Qualified business income component wkst (information technology): Your calculations could not be completed.  Reference code: 8-312-029 Anyone know how to resolve?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Reference code 8-312-029

Deleting the QBI worksheet should remove this message. 

Here's how to delete a form from your return in TurboTax Online:

• Sign into your account from a laptop or desktop computer (this function is not available in the TurboTax mobile app).
  • Open your return.
  • On the left menu, Select Tax Tools and then Tools.
  • In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  • Look for any form with "QBI" in the form name.
  • Click Delete next to the form or Schedule and follow the instructions to remove the form/schedule from your return.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Reference code 8-312-029

THANK YOU This actually helped and worked! Bless you child

skttrap
Returning Member

Reference code 8-312-029

I am also receiving the error "Qualified Business Income Component wkst (Untitled): Your Calculation could not be completed: Reference Code: 8-312-029", so I am unable the efile because of this error.  I file two schedule Cs as an insurance agent (one as a statutory employee, the other as a 1099) so I would not be considered an SSTB and TurboTax does calculate that that I receive QBI deduction on both schedule Cs, within the phaseout range.  If I delete the forms, as you suggest, then I no longer receive the QBI deduction.  Any advice? 

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Reference code 8-312-029

There are two possible solutions:

1. Return to the QBI questions for your business(es) and confirm your choices/answers there, especially the business name(s). This topic is found from the Business Summary section, click Details for Qualified Business Income.

2. Check the forms in your return to see if you have two QBI worksheets with the same business name shown in the reference code message (possibly "Untitled"). In this case, you can change your business name (see #1 above) or delete one worksheet to force TurboTax to use a unique generic name on the worksheet.

In TurboTax Online, access Forms in the left menu from Tax Tools >> Tools >> Delete a Form.

In TurboTax for Desktop, click the Forms icon in the TurboTax header.

@skttrap 

skttrap
Returning Member

Reference code 8-312-029

Thanks for your reply.  I did as you suggested....deleted the worksheets and went back and made sure to change the business names so they were different.  I confirmed that the business names were indeed different on the worksheets and on the 8995A.  I also have different Principal Business or Profession names as well as business codes on the two schedule c's, yet I am still receiving the same error when I try to efile. Any other suggestions?

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Reference code 8-312-029

It would be helpful to have a TurboTax ".tax2023" file that is experiencing this issue.

You can send us a “diagnostic” file that has your “numbers” but not your personal information.  If you would like to do this, please follow these instructions: 

In TurboTax Online, open your return, go to the black panel on the left side of your program and select Tax Tools

1. Then select Tools below Tax Tools. 
  2. A window will pop up which says Tools Center.  
  3. On this screen, select Share my file with Agent
  4. You will see a message explaining what the diagnostic copy is.  Click okay through this screen and then you will get a Token number
  5. Reply to this thread with your Token number and tag (@) the Expert requesting the token from you. 
  6. Please include any States that are part of your return.  

We will then be able to see the same experience you are having. If we are able to determine the cause, we'll reply here and provide you with a resolution. 

If you are using TurboTax for Desktop, go to Online in the top menu, then choose "Send Tax File to Agent." On a Mac computer, choose File >> Share or Help >> Send to Agent.

skttrap
Returning Member

Reference code 8-312-029

Filing in New York State as well

Token #: 1231739
@PatriciaV

Thanks.

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Reference code 8-312-029

We found no errors in the return you provided, either with SmartCheck or in forms. If you are using TurboTax Online, it's possible this is browser-related. Please log out of TurboTax, refresh your browser, and clear your cookies and cache. Then restart your browser and log into TurboTax again.

For more help, please see:

skttrap
Returning Member

Reference code 8-312-029

@PatriciaV

I’m still receiving the same error and It's very unfortunate TurboTax can't figure this out.  I've tried multiple browsers on multiple PCs (Firefox, Chrome, Edge) and TurboTax still won't allow me to efile. This appears to be a TuboTax issue.

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Reference code 8-312-029

At this point, your best option is to print your return and file by mail. 

Or you can request an extension of time to file and see if you can e-file using TurboTax for Desktop. If you want to try this option, contact TurboTax Support and ask for a free download due to the online program issues.

@skttrap 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies