Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wtparks88

Recd 2 W-2s from employer. 1 for wages and 1 for 3rd party sick pay. on third party sick pay W-2 the SStax withheld was over by $0.02 . Do I really need a W-2C for $0.02?

Turbo Tax message states "may  be due a refund from your employer" and get a correct W-2 and to not file my return until I have the W-2c and add it to Turbo Tax. Again the difference is only $0.02.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Recd 2 W-2s from employer. 1 for wages and 1 for 3rd party sick pay. on third party sick pay W-2 the SStax withheld was over by $0.02 . Do I really need a W-2C for $0.02?

No, you do not need a W-2C.  Just reduce the amount of SS taxes withheld by 2 or 3 cents to remove the TurboTax issue.

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

Additionally, here is more information about third party sick pay, if Box 1 is blank, don't enter that W-2. 

@wtparks88 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
wtparks88

Thank you for your response.  The W-2 in question does have wages in Box 1.  Even tried rounding to the nearest dollar and the difference was $0.40.  Thanks again!

wtparks88

Thank you! So glad I don't have to bother HR for a new one over $0.02. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies