Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have an MCC for a house I bought last year (2018). I amended my W4 to hold allowances in 2018. Do I still enter the MCC Information in TurboTax from Form 1098?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
JohnW15
Intuit Alumni

I have an MCC for a house I bought last year (2018). I amended my W4 to hold allowances in 2018. Do I still enter the MCC Information in TurboTax from Form 1098?

You can actually enter the relevant information from the MCC form, itself.

In TurboTax Deluxe, simply type "mcc" in the "Find" box in the upper right corner, then select "Jump to mcc."  You'll be able to enter all of your information during the interview process.

Thank you, but as far as relevant info, would I enter exactly what is on the MCC form or do I need to calculate  a new amount since I already claimed allowances to get the reduced amount taxed monthly?
JohnW15
Intuit Alumni

You'd need to enter exactly what's on the MCC form.

Perfect, thank you!
JohnW15
Intuit Alumni

You bet.  Have a great rest of the weekend!
ngrever

I bought a house last year (2018) and was given incorrect filing advice, so my MCC wasn't even entered in last year. Is there a way to amend my filings for this year to include the MCC from 2018 and 2019 within TurboTax? 

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

The 2019 Mortgage Credit Certificate information is entered into your 2019 tax return.  Follow the steps outlined here.

You stated that your 2018 tax return has been filed and accepted by the IRS.  The 2018 Mortgage Credit Certificate information is reported on an amended 2018 tax return.  Follow the steps outlined here to amend your 2018 tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies