Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

xavieron

Yesterday I paid 90$ to Turbo Tax for the filing of my federal tax. Today it's asking me to pay again and I don't know how to move past it.

I still have the receipt, but there is no option to provide the order number. I don't want to enter my credit card information again because I don't want to be charged twice.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Yesterday I paid 90$ to Turbo Tax for the filing of my federal tax. Today it's asking me to pay again and I don't know how to move past it.

Is it asking you to pay $90 again, or is the charge a different amount for something else?

For example, the fee to prepare a Federal online return in Premier is $90 and an additional $50 for a state return.

Did you successfully efile yesterday and was it accepted?   If so, why are you back in your return now?

Check  your fees this way.

With your return open, go to the left menu column and click TAX TOOLS, then TOOLS.

In the Tools window, choose MY FEES.

xavieron

I'm still stuck.

Here is what happened

1. My tax situation is a little complex and can only be filed by mail as I also need to include additional documents which are filed separately. 

2. In order to complete some of those documents, I had to reference boxes found in my federal return.
    So I skipped forward to the last sections of turbo tax questionnaire to get a first PDF (although I was not finished). So I paid 90$ for the Federal return, then opened the PDF, and obtained the info I needed.

3. Few days later. I gathered other missing information and was finally ready to finish the Turbo Tax questionnaire.  Once I reached the last section it asked me to paid 50$ for State filing (which I did pay at that time), and then it asks me again to pay for the Federal ... but I don't want to pay again as I paid it few days before. 

4. I logged out.
    Logged back it. The system seems to recognized that "state" return is already paid for but it keeps asking for payment on the federal.
    I'm stuck there and cant move forward.
    I do have a translation confirmation number but there is nowhere to input it.

5. I tried twice to use the "chat support" but no success.

I'll try again tomorrow. 

I just need to get the PDFs. 

I don't know why it's asking you to pay the Federal fee again and won't let you proceed without entering a CC number again.   And this is mainliy a user community forum, and nothing account-specific is handled here.  You'll need to speak to TurboTax Support for any fee/billing problems.

Support hours are 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern), Mon-Fri

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Or use this contact form:
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies