Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ritz1969

Why Turbotax keeps pushing Form 8915F-T to be available? First it stated 2/16/2023, the it was suppose to be available the end of this month. Now, its stating 3/2/2023.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
HopeS
Expert Alumni

Why Turbotax keeps pushing Form 8915F-T to be available? First it stated 2/16/2023, the it was suppose to be available the end of this month. Now, its stating 3/2/2023.

Certain Forms are not yet available for e-filing due to delays from the IRS. 

While you are pending the release of Form 8915-F you can review your tax return to make sure there are no other filing errors so that once the IRS releases the Form you will be ready to efile.

The following steps should be used to enter your COVID-qualifying distribution  -

1. Click on Federal
  2. Click on Wages & Income
  3. Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
  4. On IRA, 401(k), or Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R), click on the Start or Revisit button
  5. On the screen Did you get a 1099-R in 2021? Click on NO, if you did not receive a 2021 Form 1099-R in 2022

Review the link below for other helpful information:

Form 8915-F on TurboTax

@ritz1969 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yea, I'm wondering about this as well.  I can't even find any mention of this form, specifically 8915F-T, on IRS.gov.   Is this why it keeps getting pushed back?  Hoping for no additional delays... and would like to know the real answer to your question instead of just getting pushed back week by week.

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Please visit the help article below for more information regarding forms availability. @gomer17

When will my individual tax forms be available in TurboTax?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The link is helpful finding information but does not answer the question. the release date was originally 02/16/2023. then was pushed back to 02/23/2023. Now it says 03/02/2023. at what point is it actually going to be available?  Im assuming on 03/02/2023 it will be pushed back to 03/09/2023 and so on. 

I had to fool around on paper to try to get my last estimated tax payment right, taking into account the repayment.

Considering the Form itself has been done since December and it was only the instructions that were revised in February, it would have been nice if the form would have been unlocked and allowed us to fill in all the information so we "could" have estimated our tax refund/due.  I get the e-file portion may be delayed, but why prevent us from completing the work in the software?

Form 8915-F Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments Jan 2023 12/13/2022
Instruction 8915-F Instructions for Form 8915-F, Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments Feb 2022 02/15/2022

And you're right, it has now been pushed to 3/9/2023!

Unfortunately I just saw that.  I printed out return and I'm pretty sure on paper I've made the right modifications to get me to zero tax obligation.  Let me rephrase that, so I don't owe anything beyond what I've already paid.

But would still love this to be unlocked so I can enter the repayment and see the calculated taxes.  The odd thing is every time I put IRA contributions in, they zero out next time I launch the app.  I'm sure it has something to do with this form.

Hey Everyone. I assumed it would be pushed back and decided to try freetaxusa.com and it worked amazing well! I would suggest moving away from Turbotax. It cost me only $16.99 vs the $100s Turbotax wants. They had all the forms and basically worked exactly like Turbo tax. asked all the right questions and submitted easily. I already have my taxes accepted with the 8915F form. This was the last year for the 8915 forms..... however I'm not sure i will continue with Turbotax since it costs me $100+ more than Freetaxusa. 

Finally form is good to go!!!

for those that had 2020 repayments in 2022.  the form data did not move over for 2023 so there will probably be another lengthly delay before turbotax updates it, blaming the irs when other companies will have it fixed months earlier.  will be returning my turbotax for something else as i wont go through that again this year after the lst 2 fiascos and leis turbotax did the last two.  had thought it wouldnt be an issue since i  paid all the taxes due in 2022 but turbotax does not have the form or data updated and doesnt even have an eta date showing (which wouldnt matter anyway since they moved that date several times in prior years)  time for h&r or taxslayer

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies