Form 8936 relates to the electric vehicle credit. At the end of last year,, Congress passed a law to extend some of the credits that had expired, including the credit for electric vehicles.
Every new or updated tax form must pass several checkpoints before we can call it "final" in TurboTax. Here's how it works:
- The government must approve the form to make sure it follows the tax law.
- The government then has to approve the tax software-specific version of that form.
- We then rigorously test the form in the software to ensure it's accurate.
- The government gives our form their final stamp of approval.
- We can then include it in the TurboTax program.
For current information on forms availability, including the forms for energy-efficient vehicles, please click on this link: Federal forms availability