turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

atlantaQQ
Returning Member

Why I can not input/update tuition and enrollment fee in Education deduction from my 1098-T?

I have 1098-T, after a few question, it has never asked me to input the 1098-T data and just shows 0. I might input something wrong, but it i does not allow me to verify again to change it. Is it right?

Thanks.

Chunjen

Screenshot2.png

Screenshot1.png

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
KrisD15
Expert Alumni

Why I can not input/update tuition and enrollment fee in Education deduction from my 1098-T?

Please continue through the entire Education interview. You should get back to the beginning and be able to edit. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
adaburnes

I was also having this issue & found your ? when searching help. After much frustration, I figured it out.  Since student information was already input (transferred from prior year's return) I didn't think I needed to edit, HOWEVER, to input 1098-T correctly, you need to click on "edit" under student's name, then click on "edit" for the College/university that you have listed (again-likely transferred info from prior return) and VIOLA! up pops all the boxes to input 1098-T info. Hope this helps.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies