Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why doesn't TT Business apply Income Tax withheld on Line 34 - form OK 513NR

Hi,

OK Form 513NR

I think Line 34 applies to me & TurboTax should be populating the Income Tax withheld there. Why doesn’t it or am I supposed to know to do it myself?

Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

According to the instructions you attached (and thank you, by the way, for providing this information), the direction for Line 34 of the Form states:

If you had Oklahoma income tax withheld from royalty payments, paid to you as a nonresident royalty owner, enclose your Form 1099-MISC or Form 500-A to substantiate the withholding.  To claim withholding at the fiduciary level, enter the withholding on this line.

Withholdings are tax payments that have been subtracted from the full amount that would otherwise be due to you and have already been remitted to the state (or other) tax authority in advance.  If you have received any of the documents referred to above and have entered them into TT Business, then, yes, TurboTax will pre-populate the withholdings for Oklahoma.  If it did not do so, you may use Forms Mode to manually input the amount if you did have Oklahoma state tax withheld from any of your payments being reported on the return.  Either way, you will want to submit (attach) the correct documentation to substantiate the withholdings and receive credit for the taxes having been paid in advance.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

According to the instructions you attached (and thank you, by the way, for providing this information), the direction for Line 34 of the Form states:

If you had Oklahoma income tax withheld from royalty payments, paid to you as a nonresident royalty owner, enclose your Form 1099-MISC or Form 500-A to substantiate the withholding.  To claim withholding at the fiduciary level, enter the withholding on this line.

Withholdings are tax payments that have been subtracted from the full amount that would otherwise be due to you and have already been remitted to the state (or other) tax authority in advance.  If you have received any of the documents referred to above and have entered them into TT Business, then, yes, TurboTax will pre-populate the withholdings for Oklahoma.  If it did not do so, you may use Forms Mode to manually input the amount if you did have Oklahoma state tax withheld from any of your payments being reported on the return.  Either way, you will want to submit (attach) the correct documentation to substantiate the withholdings and receive credit for the taxes having been paid in advance.

I do have those documents.  Thought perhaps I wasn't using TT properly.

Thanks

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Happy to assist.  Feel free to provide additional information if you have additional questions.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies