Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why does my return say they can’t efile due to duplicate ss number saying I already filed but I haven’t I need help

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Why does my return say they can’t efile due to duplicate ss number saying I already filed but I haven’t I need help

Mine is doing the same. 

And I paid $63 to file. 

im getting frustrated 

AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

Did you submit your information through one of the non-filer applications in order to get your stimulus payment?  There are non-filer options either through TurboTax or the IRS.  

If so, when using the non-filer system, your information is processed by the IRS as an original filed return. 

If not, then you may have a more serious identity theft issue to address. 

See the following TurboTax articles for some additional advice about your situation: 

Reject R0000-902-01:  Taxpayer TIN must not be the same as a previously accepted return

What to do if you suspect tax-related identity theft

@michaelhuff910

@Chuck77083

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes I did submit through non filers on IRS website. 

they didn’t have a direct deposit information for me so I used that form. 

what can I do now to file? Do I have to mail it?

DawnC
Expert Alumni

You used the wrong tool to give your direct deposit information so you can't e-file now.  The Economic Impact Payment’s Non-Filers tool was not intended for use by taxpayers who also needed to file a tax return with the IRS for tax year 2019.  If you used the Non-Filers tool to register for an Economic Impact Payment, you cannot now file your tax return electronically. 

You must complete and print a paper 2019 Form 1040 or 1040-SR tax return, write “Amended EIP Return” at the top, and mail it to the IRS.  If you owe tax, you should pay it in full by the July 15 due date.  Interest will be charged after July 15 on any amounts that are not paid by July 15. For more information, visit the Amended EIP Return page.   @Chuck77083

Thanks!

DawnC
Expert Alumni

You are very welcome! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies