turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ericosman
Returning Member

why does it still say "Visit All"

Next to "1099-MISC and Other Common Income" there is a blue "Visit All" button. Great. I click the button and it says "Do you have any of these types of income" and I click "No", at which point I expect the "Visit All" button to change to "Update" or "View" but it still says "Visit Alll".   Shouldn't it change after I answer "No"?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

No.   Until you actually visit the categories, you can still go back and visit all.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
ericosman
Returning Member

Thanks for the response.

That behavior doesn't make sense to me.  Why bother asking me if my "no" answer isn't going to do anything?

SUGGESTION:   If the subcategories need to be visited in order to have any effect, then don't solicit a "yes" or "no" response to the "Did you have any of these types of income" question.  Instead, merely have a "CONTINUE" button so the user can answer "yes" or "no" to the subcategories, where such answers will actually have an effect.

Thanks.

Carl
Level 15

The "Visit All" button will read "Visit All" for all eternity, no matter what you do. It's always been that way.

The bottons for the sub-categories below the Visit All button will change however. They say "Start" until you actually click that button and change something in that subcategory. Then after that, they will read "Update" or "EDIT" until the end of all eternity.

ericosman
Returning Member

Hmmm.   There are sibling buttons at this level that seem to have changed from "Visit All" to "Update" so I'm surprised to hear you say that this button will always say "Visit All".

Here's a snapshot showing the "Visit All" (I have circled it in red) so you can see that other buttons have changed to "update".

visitAll.jpg

Your image reflects the correct behavior.   Here's an image of the Retirement Income category I just went through.   All subtopics now say Update, and Visit All remains.  The Visit All button merely starts the entire interview topic to march through each subtopic rather than going directly to a subtopic with the Start or Update button. 

visitall.png

That is what it is supposed to do.  You can ALWAYS visit all even if it is to re-visit some.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies