turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kb110110

Why can't I complete the stimulus registration, it's on the last step and won't go through

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

Why can't I complete the stimulus registration, it's on the last step and won't go through

The issue was fixed last night.  

If you are using TurboTax online edition, I would suggest you clear cache and cookies on your web browser.  Here are the steps: 

• Check your internet connection.  Try to log out and sign back in the program. 
  • Clear your cache and sign back into the program.  To clear cache, click here: Cache
  • You may also try a different browser.
  • And try again ( clear answer and start over)

@kb110110

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Do you have a program through intuit where you can change your banking info from your 19 tax returns for the stimulus payment? and I didn’t file through y’all for 19 I filed through y’all for 18

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

The Treasury is expected to shortly announce an online portal where direct deposit information can be supplied to the IRS. Here is what you should do: 

Go to  http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know to see if they have set up the online portal. (This article will be updated with the web address once it’s available.)

Ka18
Level 1

Where would that be at

ReginaM
Expert Alumni

There are a couple of things that you can try to get past the snag,

• Try closing TurboTax,
  • Compete a  disk cleanup,
  • Restart your computer.  

If this doesn't work try this:

• If you've enabled pop-up blocking in your web browser, please turn it off and try again.
  • If it's still not working, try again using a different web browser. (For example, if you're using Chrome, try using Explorer or Safari instead.)
  • If those suggestions didn't help, try going back to your first browser and delete cookies.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies