turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Which Turbo Tax product should i buy when i have S corp and 1099 and W2 for me and W2 for my wife

Please suggest Which Turbo Tax product I should buy to file taxes.

How much will be my total cost including Turbo Tax cost, Federal filing cost, State filing cost.

Following are more details:

I have S corp and 1099 and W2 for me and W2 for my wife.

I will file jointly.

I live in Virginia and i need to file Federal and State taxes.

I do not have a house, stocks or any other investments.

I appreciate all the help. Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Which Turbo Tax product should i buy when i have S corp and 1099 and W2 for me and W2 for my wife

If you are filing the tax return for the S-Corp. (1120S) you will need TurboTax Business.  You can visit the following link to purchase the program: TurboTax Business.  

If you simply have a K-1 from the S-Corp (plus the 1099 and W-2), you will need TurboTax Premier (either Online or CD/Download).

However, if the 1099 is for self-employment income and you have expenses to deduct against this income, you will need TurboTax Self-Employed (Online) or TurboTax Home & Business (CD/Download).

Please see this article for product pricing:  Where can I find TurboTax prices?

Thanks for the reply. I am still confused.

I have following:

-i have S corp

-i get 1099 for my S corp and i run my own payroll and have a w2

-i have W2 for me and W2 for my wife

-i need to file 1120S

I prefer online.

Should i go with TurboTax Business or TurboTax Premier or TurboTax Self-Employed (Online) or TurboTax Home & Business (CD/Download).?

Thanks.

@Taxes11 wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

I will have following:

-1099 for self-employment income and i have expenses to deduct against this income

I prefer online.

Will TurboTax Self-Employed (Online) serve my purpose or should i go with TurboTax Home & Business (CD/Download)?

Thanks.

The S-corp can only be filed using Turbotax Business, which is a CD or download for PC only, there is no Mac or online version.  Also not mentioned by the other expert, the S-corp return form 1120 is due March 15, not April 15, and the late filing penalty is substantial. 

For your personal return, including your schedule C for self-employment, you must use the Self Employed version if filing online.  If installing on your own computer, any version Deluxe or higher includes schedule C.  The H&B version has more program guidance, but all versions contain the forms you need.  Pick the version you use based on the amount of help and guidance you feel you want.  The desktop Deluxe version is most cost-effective, online Self-Employment version is the most expensive. 

Thanks for the reply. I am still confused. I made a typo in my previous reply and I have fixed it. Following is what i have.

I have following:

-i have S corp

-i get 1099 for my S corp and i run my own payroll and have a w2

-i need to file 1120S

I prefer online.

Should i go with TurboTax Business or TurboTax Premier or TurboTax Self-Employed (Online) or TurboTax Home & Business (CD/Download).?

Thanks.

You need two tax programs. 

You can only file the 1120 for the S-corp using Turbotax Business.  Turbotax Business does not also prepare personal returns. 

You can file your personal tax return using Turbotax Self-Employed (Online), or any version as a CD/download version installed on your own computer.  Home&Business will have the most built-in guidance, but the CD version of Deluxe or Premier also include the forms at a lower price if you are willing to do with less program assistance. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies