Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do you upload the Coinbase CSV file?

I've already found https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/cryptocurrency/help/how-do-i-get-a-csv-file-from-coinbase/00/27533 and I have a CSV from Coinbase with my transactions (one buy and a handful of sells.) I'm ready to upload it into TurboTax online. Where are the exact instructions about where I go to upload this in TurboTax? 

The help articles seem to be missing this information and I've spent a few hours searching for a help article. I want to know the exact steps, not a list of information about what I need to get from Coinbase, or what is cryptocurrency.

-Fred

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

To import your Coinbase cryptocurrency transactions, please follow these steps:

1. On the Wages & Income screen, scroll to the Investment Income section.
  2. Click the Start/Edit box next to Cryptocurrency.
  3. On the screen, Did you sell or trade cryptocurrency in 2019?, click the Yes box.
  4. On the screen, Let's get your cryptocurrency info, click the box for Coinbase and click Continue.
  5. On the next screen, Let's add your cryptocurrency transactions, you can either drag and drop your CSV file or Browse to the location

I have home and business version. Under investment income there no place to upload. Please be more specific with more details how to fin it 

DavidD66
Expert Alumni

The crypto currency import function is only available in TurboTax Online.  If you are using TurboTax Desktop version, you will have to use an alternative method.  The website https://help.cryptotrader.tax/en/articles/2657181-turbotax-desktop-version-how-to-upload-your-data-w...  offers a potential solution.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies