Hello, there are two ways you can do it:
1. Enter on line 6 on the "Tax Payments" worksheet - assuming you have applied 2019 tax refund to 2020 on your 2019 return.
2. Go to on Line 26 on page 2 of Form 1040 - 2020 Est. tax payments and amount applied from 2019 return, right click on your mouse and select "Quick Zoom", it will take you to the same Tax Payment worksheet on #1 above.
Hope it helps! 😛
This user appears to be using Online TurboTax, which does not have access to the specific forms. In Online TurboTax, an overpayment from 2019 applied to 2020 taxes has to be entered using the return interview as follows.
@sravankumar9848 asked: "Where do i enter my 2019 Income tax overpayment on my 2020 return?"
I assume you are trying to report a 2019 overpayment that you chose to apply toward your 2020 estimated taxes.
If you are using the same account as last year, and if the 2019 data automatically transferred into your 2020 return this year, it may already show up. But regardless, you need to check and make sure, and enter it if necessary, so you get credit for it. Here's how:
- Log in and open your 2020 return.
- Once the return interview is open, click on the Search tab at the top.
- In the search box enter this exact phrase: applied overpayment (without quotes) and then click the adjacent magnifying glass icon.
- Click on Jump to applied overpayment.
- Next screen is titled: Estimates and Other Income Taxes Paid.
- Scroll down about 2/3 of the page to "2019 Refund Applied to 2020" and choose the proper topic for type of payment (Federal, State, Local.)
Before filing, if this was a Federal overpayment, make sure the payment shows up on your Federal return. It should be included in the figure shown on Form 1040, Line 26, along with any other estimated tax payments.
Also, if applicable, be sure any state/local overpayments from 2019 show up on the 2020 state/local returns.