turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When will the 2021 8915-f form be available on Turbo Tax to efile?

I just filed my taxes with FreeTaxUSA and was super easy and super cheap! They already have the 8915 F form programmed into their software and is was a seamless process! I've filed with TurboTax for the past 10 years but couldn't wait on them to upload needed forms until March 31st. I'm so relieved to have this done and not weighing on my shoulders! I definitely recommend FreeTaxUSA! 

I also filed with FreeTaxUSA this afternoon. Both Fed and state returns have already been accepted. Cost under $14 with coupon code FREETAXUSA10.

I’m sure TT won’t love that this forum has basically become a marketing venue for FreeTaxUSA…. lol

Oh also they don’t try to sell you an upgrade after every screen, which is nice!

I would have GLADLY stayed with TurboTax and filed with them for the 11th year in a row.... BUT they don't respond and the 4 different experts I've spoken to on the phone all had differing advice and one had no clue and told me to go ahead and file without waiting on the 8915 F to update! She had no idea what I was talking about and said if their software doesn't have it then I don't need it and I can go ahead and file. Umm.. WRONG! It became way too frustrating when theres no consistency! I don't understand how other, smaller tax companies can have the needed forms/ software available but TT can't. So... Time to make a change and change is good! 

When will the form be available on Turbo Tax? I am trying to prevent using another option of filing. It appeared to be ready on 1/2022 on the irs.gov website. When I add my old 1099-R info it states to return to this section later the IRS has not given instructions and they did last month. Please advise.

MayaD
Expert Alumni

Form 8915-F, Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Retirements will be available on 03/31/2022. Federal Individual Form Availability

Once the form is finalized by the IRS, it has to be coded and tested for calculations and e-filing acceptability.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The form is available to print now in the irs.gov site. It is dated January 2022. Are we sure the dates are correct you mentioned in your link? This doesn’t make sense.

I may need to file with HR Block. It’s available there.

Viper786
Returning Member

Thanks for the FreeTaxUSA tip, was quick, cheap and easy! Would have liked to go with TurboTax again, but it seems like every other online tax service has the 8915-f ready except for Turbo Tax and they are not expected to have it ready until the end of next month. Turbo Tax just lost a 9 year repeat customer.

gopre32

are you sure 8915-F is available on HR Block?

Hello, sorry if you’ve already answered this somewhere but I went on FreeTax USS and could not figure out where to put my info in order to have the 8915 E information transferred over. Are the steps fairly simple? I just could not locate them anywhere. Thanks in advance

@Lmz912 when reviewing the 1099r section, select no for not having a 1099r. It will have you answer questions about the 2020 covid distribution as soon as you select no. It is very straightforward and easy to understand.

So, I've done alot of internet searching regarding form 8915f lately.  It was frustrating to find out that the form supposedly isn't available until sometime in March. Well, obviously everyone that needs this form had financial troubles to to Covid 19, and needed money from their retirement.  That being said, I don't have weeks to wait for a form, so I took others advice, and created an account this morning on FreeTaxUSA. And spent about an hour doing my taxes, and the 8915f for is ON THERE! My taxes are DONE and SUBMITTED! I wish I could post screen shot on here, as they have already been accepted by the IRS. 100% honest! Sorry TurboTax, but bye, you've been good for me last 8yrs, but I've moved on. FYI,  everything cost me $41 total. Would have been cheaper but I elected some extras, audit protection, etc 

Thanks. I completely missed that part at first glance. 

It's people like you that will make this country great again!  

I was SO frustrated at Turbo Tax, on the phone with support THREE TIMES and they hung up on me, gave up, etc.  Thanks to this message board I field with FreeTaxUSA for only SIXTEEN DOLLARS!  e-Filed Federal and State, using 8915f form - and it was EASY.  Never going back to TurboTax, after using them for several years!!

THANK YOU!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies