Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When will Form 8915-E be available? TurboTax indicates "IRS instructions related to disaster distributions weren't ready in time for this release." It's been weeks now.

Sorry, I should have been more clear.

this issue:

"txble pens/ira (reg dist) we're still working on updates related to retirement distributions that qualify for diaster or covid relief"

The customer service agent opened a ticket but she seemed surprise there was no ETA to fix it.

When will Form 8915-E be available? TurboTax indicates "IRS instructions related to disaster distributions weren't ready in time for this release." It's been weeks now.

We’ve flagged this largely for NY HI MI states 2-3 weeks ago. Haven’t heard much of anything. 

Someone somewhere what’s saying March 5th as a possible fix date, and also March 11th. I have not tried yet today. 

Many many people getting this prompted completecheck worksheet error still. 

Just got this at 10:14AM EST:

There’s an update on the TurboTax help article you’re following: "Why am I getting a "Check This Entry" error for my Form 8606?"

We’re happy to inform you that we’ve updated TurboTax and resolved the issue you experienced

If you’re using TurboTax Online, it’s been updated automatically. Just sign in and you can continue working.

If you’re using the TurboTax CD/Download Software, download and install the latest update. You can do this through the prompt when you launch the software or by following

The issue is now resolved. Before it wasn’t calculating the Covid distribution tax correctly over a three-year period.

How can I apply for the February reduced rate that I would have qualified for had the software worked ? It now wants to charge me $140 for federal and state return together.

Issues I had are well-documented in the forum. 

@macuser_22 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ajd878787  has not been fixed for me. I am still getting the check this entry for the NYS  Pension/Annuities/IRA Worksheet.

Not surprised. 

I will try later today but I intend to do the following just in case:

1- Clear 1099-R

2- Clear Caches

3- Re-enter 1099-R using new browser 

4- Click through questions all the way to completecheck

I am hoping in doing this, if they actually fixed anything, that it would trigger the right sheets filled correctly: TBD @Anonymous 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ajd878787 let me know if that ends up working!

Still an issue in NY and on Twitter the answer seems to be they are waiting on the form but no clue when it will be resolved 

I can’t find any software/company that is able to file federal/NY with no issues with Covid 401k withdrawal form 8195-E

Nope @Anonymous  !

@Nyc girl  

still having the same issue with my Hawaii e-filing of the 8915-E.  Emailed and spoken to numerous TurboTax adivisors and they all give you the run around or simplistic answer of check back in a couple of days.  However, they were quick to charge me their fees even though nothing has been filed yet. I was a repeat turbo tax customer for years but this is the last year I’ll use them.  Simply because of their poor customer service regarding this topic.

potaje08

How you was able to fill it? Every time I try to look for the form the system don’t find it. 

as of 8 Mar 2021 still an issue for NY. haven't been able to file since this is holding everything up...

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Please see the information in the link below for an update.

Form 8915-E state returns update

@enve123

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I can confirm you can now file your NY State taxes using the desktop version. Hurray! What a great day for humanity!

Nice ! I’ll give the online version a try. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies