Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When will 8915F2T form be available

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

14 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Both forms are available.

Form 8915-F, Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments 2020

Form 8915-F, Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments 2020 (Spouse)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Glad to see form is available. Why is turbo tax still saying “ ready soon” as of 2/20/24?

when will this be available as turbo tax promised available very soon in January 2024.

Niquie5899
Returning Member

If it’s available, why won’t it let me file in TurboTax? 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Can you try filing today and let us know if you have any problems or issues?

CatinaT1,

just signed on and am still getting the same message….   “ we’re working on some updates due to law changes. We’ve saved your work and will email you as soon as everything’s ready”

federal form: 8915F2-T  
qualified disaster retirement plan and repayments         Ready soon

It has been giving me this error message and “ ready soon” for over a month.  Should I just use another tax service I need to have this completed.

thank you for the reply!@ CatinaT1

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

TurboTax is aware of the problem and is working with Developers to resolve it soon.  Form 8915-F does show as being available on the Form Availability List.  However, some software updates are being implemented which has resulted in a delay.  Please check back after 3/8/2024, update your software if you are in the desktop version of the software, and try to proceed with your return.  (If you are online, the software will already have all updates loaded.) 

@Rob1982 

Tried to file 3/8 and 3/9. Form still not available.. So what it's the newest update? I've never been delayed filing like this.  I'm very concerned. 

I agree Kelly. I find it hard to believe that the government hasn’t released the proper forms 1 months before tax deadline and also that if turbo tax has the forms it can’t update them?? 
with about a month left I will wait 1 more week and then use a more reliable service. For the past 10 years turbo tax has been great that’s why I am giving it a little more time but this is not going to work. Might be time to move on to a more modern software.

Cynthia, 

what is going on here. This is the 3rd time I was told the forms would be ready by a certain date and I still cannot file taxes.  Please respond asap. With one month left I need to know if I need to see an account or use a different service. If this cannot be done at least be honest and let us know.

thank you

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

This is all the information we have. Form 8915-F does show as being available on the Form Availability List.  However there are some software updates being implement that have resulted in a delay.  Please check back after 3/15/2024, update your software if you are in the desktop version of the software, and try to proceed with your return.

Ok maybe you didn’t even read the header. The form is 8915F2T.

This is possible the worst customer service e I have ever received even considering all Fortune 500 companies provide c level service at best.  
my guess is you expect every client to upgrade from the fair deluxe option to these 100$ plus options for the most simple returns.  For this price I will use an actual accountant not some BS web browser. It’s been a great decade with turbo tax but it’s all over. 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Form 8915-F does show as being available on the Form Availability List. However there are some software updates being implemented that have resulted in a delay. There will be two separate updates to the form. The first is anticipated on the 22nd and the second is anticipated on the 29th. After those dates, update your software if you are in the desktop version of the software, and try to proceed with your return.

I still can't file, and Turbo Tax is saying the form is not available? Tax day is coming soon and I paid already.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Form 8915-F does show as being available on the Form Availability List. However, some software updates are being implemented that have resulted in a delay. There will be two separate updates to the form. The first is anticipated on the 22nd and the second is anticipated on the 29th. After those dates, update your software if you are in the desktop version of the software, and try to proceed with your return.

@roberts1974 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies