turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What is the link for the 2019 Release Notes for the desktop product? The previous release notes link is invalid with the new support site

The forms availability pages are not release notes - please do not pass them off as such. We are not asking for form availability, we want to know when changes are being made to the application and what their substance is.

What is the link for the 2019 Release Notes for the desktop product? The previous release notes link is invalid with the new support site

GabiU:  I am afraid your response is completely unhelpful and should not be marked as "solving" the question posed.  If TT has made significant changes mid-tax season, customers ought to be informed as to the nature of those changes.  The question does not ask where one can find Fed or State forms.

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

As tagteam noted above:  "The release notes have been removed from the TurboTax site and the actual link (seen in the update box) should be removed in some future release. "

If you wish to see the release notes reinstated, you can submit your feedback by click the Tell Us What You Think link at the bottom right of each screen in the TurboTax CD/Download product:

@tparikka

@williasp

@zeisero1

Anonymous
Not applicable

This should not be marked at solved.  The solved post is not a solution.

It sounds like the plan remains to discontinue publication of release notes; given that I'll be doing what I can to encourage as many people as possible to migrate to alternative options that do make those available.

Can anyone on this thread recommend similar alternative products? TaxAct, etc?

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

The release notes have been removed from the TurboTax site and the actual link (in the update box) should be removed in a future release.

If you wish to see the release notes reinstated, you can submit your feedback by clicking the Tell Us What You Think link at the bottom right of each screen in the TurboTax CD/Download products.

Hi Irene, TurboTax,

Please note I have followed your instructions.

I submitted feedback via "Tell Us What You Think".

In the meantime, please share the release notes for Tax Year 2019.
There are 3 release notes which I request:
1. Federal Forms Updates (Critical) - Released 4/1/2020
2. Program Updates (Critical) - Released 4/1/2020
3. Help & Support - Released 2/26/2020
Please share the release notes as soon as possible.
Thanks.
Regards,
Shashi

@shashi1215 

Nobody can share what does not exist.  All release notes have been discontinued since 2018.  Release notes for the Mac and online versions have NEVER existed. 

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

@Irene2805 wrote:

The release notes have been removed from the TurboTax site and the actual link (in the update box) should be removed in a future release.

If you wish to see the release notes reinstated, you can submit your feedback by clicking the Tell Us What You Think link at the bottom right of each screen in the TurboTax CD/Download products.

Not for Mac products - that button does not exist.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

That is not quite true - the release notes do exist, because there is a software engineering department at Intuit that develops TurboTax and tracking software changes is an integral part of the software development lifecycle. We're just asking that the information be shared with customers, even if informally through the forums, because for something as critical as tax forms it's unreasonable to not make that information available to the end user.

This is NOT a solution.  I want to know what the updates are before I file.  Not some location i can generally look up  informatio.  This is unacceptable and poor customer support  - I separate this from the great technical and CPA support.  Restore the release notes - we should have a petition or class action to get this needed information restored

Anonymous
Not applicable

On a separate note, we've been hearing that the link will be removed in a future release. That should be fairly easy to do and should have done by now. Not impressed by TT IT at all. 

@kjliftonPlease include me in the petition if it can be produced.  I share @tparikka and other's views Release Notes are essential to close the loop between the user and his/her tax filing software.  It's not good enough there is absence of bugs. What is essential is to have assurance updates are made resolving bugs.  Absence of negative confirmation is not a substitute for positive confirmation.   Irene, TT being such a large Software House should understand.

Thanks.

Regards,

Shashi

GabiU
Level 15

Thanks to your feedback, Release Notes is making a comeback! We're working on a process to make sure you all get updated information. 

You've made a difference and we appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us on the community. 

Happy filing! 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies