Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What is reject code f8960

MY RETURN WAS JUST ACCEPTED BY THE IRS !!!!!!!!!

GO FILE PEOPLE !!!!!

It took 3 hrs and 40 mins to be accepted. My 1040 is slightly different than all the other times I've tried to file before today and so was the form 8960.

my OPINION is this issue s resolved today :0)  Woooooo hoooooo

I just filed my return electronically on 2/18/23 and received the same rejection code.  Ugh!

@marytony 

THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE - FILED!!!

Here's hoping we're not both back here next year 😉

What was different? Are you using PC or Online?  If PC, was there an update to the PC version?

Congratulations! Thank you for the update. I appreciate it.

I'm using the exact same PC as all the other 8 times I've tried to e-file, same software, same everything but the IRS obviously fixed the issue and it's finally time for us to file !!!  Please post here if you tried today and your return was accepted so others can see it's finally time !!!!

When you open you tt, it should automatically update. if it doesn't, look just above your return for OPTIONS, click it and you should see UPDATES click it and it should update your tt. then re-file

well you know BligBlueLaser if we meet again here next year, we will be the first :0) hahahahha  geeezzzz I hope yours is also accepted. please let me know.

Mine was accepted as well in about 1.5 hours. Great news that the issue was resolved. Go file away folks! 

UPDATE: accepted in 40 min!  Thanks everyone for the great advice esp blue laser!
Yay!  I just filed too

Mine was accepted today after about 1.5 hours as well! Filed this morning (Feb 19) 

Filed my return today at 8:13 CST and it was accepted at 11:05 CST. The problem appears to have been fixed.

@marytony 

ACCEPTED in 40 minutes!

navallt
Returning Member

Just posted mine at 12:17 EST, so the clock is now ticking for me.  Will reply when accepted.

Thank you @BligBlueLaser  and @marytony for all of the information the last few weeks, including the very informative (and hilarious) post that addressed this whole debacle to begin with... (https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/federal-return-rejection-reject-code-f8960-019-04...)

This was the first time I've been a part of an online community. you all have made this a very informative and pleasant experience ! Thank you !!! Hope we don't have to see each other again next year !!!

Mine too!  Just over 30 minutes!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies