turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What happens if there is a red mark by a listed form but no corresponding error mark on form?

As I reviewed my taxes, I noted that there is a red exclamation mark to the left of a form listing. But, there appears to be no error found on the actual form-- nothing marked in red. Can I ignore this or will the discrepancy prevent me from filing my taxes electronically? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

What happens if there is a red mark by a listed form but no corresponding error mark on form?

Don't ignore it. Select the form with the red exclamation mark in the list, then click the Errors icon and see if it shows you an error message. (The error message window will open at the bottom of the form.) Or go through Smart Check and see if it shows you the error.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Don't ignore it. Select the form with the red exclamation mark in the list, then click the Errors icon and see if it shows you an error message. (The error message window will open at the bottom of the form.) Or go through Smart Check and see if it shows you the error.

Thanks for your excellent word of caution. In my haste, I had forgotten to do this step. Yes, TT usually has some reason to declare an error-- even when it is not marked  on the respective form. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies