Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What exactly does "year round" access to CPA mean for TT Live Full Service?

I'm looking to hire a CPA to do my taxes for me this year, but I also need to utilize them for some real estate paperwork later in the year. It will mostly be verifying my income but they might also have to prepare some projection documentation for me. Will I be able to use the same CPA who did my taxes? Or does TurboTax only allow you to use them for filing or advice for the next year's taxes? I found language that said you can "contact your CPA anytime" and utilize them "year round" but not sure if that means it still has to stick to taxes only. 

I'm hoping I can utilize TT to find a trusted CPA who I can also hire for additional items if needed, but I can't tell if that's allowed. 

thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Full service means that you upload your documents, and an employee tax expert does you taxes for you and files your return.  They may or may not be a CPA.  You will be able to call as often as you want during the tax year but you will get the agent that is available, not the one who did your return.

Tax planning is out of scope for TurboTax full service.  The cost will be approximately $200 added to your other TurboTax fees for the tax preparation.   You will not be getting a personal CPA to work with you.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Full service means that you upload your documents, and an employee tax expert does you taxes for you and files your return.  They may or may not be a CPA.  You will be able to call as often as you want during the tax year but you will get the agent that is available, not the one who did your return.

Tax planning is out of scope for TurboTax full service.  The cost will be approximately $200 added to your other TurboTax fees for the tax preparation.   You will not be getting a personal CPA to work with you.

Thank you! Very helpful to know. The way TurboTax markets this service it gives the impression they'll match you with your perfect CPA and you have year round access to that person. A little misleading, so thanks for the extra info!

A few years back that was exactly the direction TurboTax was thinking of taking.  Setting up brick and mortar shops like HR Block and offering your own CPA and financial planner.  The pandemic changed that idea and it was decided to stay with remote service over the telephone and video.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies