Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Understanding Turbotax Support Options (Community/Discuss/TurboTax Staff)

I am new to Turbotax - I wonder if you can guide me through the basics of support options. I see that there is a Community/Discuss option where you can search for prior responses to questions or ask new questions. There is also a "Support" tab on the top right - Is this to intended to ask questions to TurboTax Front Office/Staff? Finally, how do I find tax preparer's (or CPAs) who can help me with Turbotax. I was told there is Turbotax live but it is LIMITED to the current tax year? Thank you

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
JulieS
Expert Alumni

You can search Community for similar questions and you may find a helpful response. Searches started under the Support tab may pull up either Community Q&A, or articles. Both can be very helpful.

Community answers are provided by Turbo Tax employees in some cases and by Community members, some of whom are tax professionals.

If you create an account on Community, you will be able to ask questions. If you ask a new question, please provide enough detail to get an answer. For instance, if you have trouble with your state, please provide the name of the state.

Turbo Tax Live provides several options for support.

• You can start a chat while you are in your tax return.
  • You can ask for help while you are preparing your tax return.
  • You can set an appointment for a tax professional to call you.
  • You can request a review after you finish your return. 

All of our support channels focus on the current tax season.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi. I’m replying to this message because I can’t seem to be able to ask a question. I can search for answers and I can read existing answers. But if I want to ask my question as “new” I see no way to do that. I’ve used TT for 15 years and this is the most difficult upgrade to the community yet. Can you help me? I only ask you because it appears someone was able to ask a question and you could respond to it that was close to what I’m trying to figure out. Yes, I am signed in. 

I may have an account thru TT but maybe not community. ALways have in the past so “You can create an account on community” is where? How? Just simply? 

EllieHush1131963
Returning Member

I am the new user for Turbo Tax. I am in the business tab, and want to select "simplified method" for business expense deduction (instead of itemized, one line at a time. I can not find the option to use "simplified method". Would be anyone be kind of providing instruction here? thank you so much!

Same issue

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Two answers here: Business expenses and posting a question.

1. To post a new question, you should be signed into the community and then select Ask a Question located next to the search.

2. The "Simplified method" for a business is for home office use. All other expenses must be put into the appropriate category and added together. For complete instructions see 2021 Schedule C (Form 1040) - Internal Revenue Service. Notice line 30 shows the simplified method as it is applied to the home office.

@EllieHush1131963

@davidsgibson

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies