Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Under YOUR INCOME the amount under Misc Income 1099 A and 1099C is incorrect. I am trying to change it but cannot

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
GloriaL
Expert Alumni

Under YOUR INCOME the amount under Misc Income 1099 A and 1099C is incorrect. I am trying to change it but cannot

To make a correction on your 1099-C:

1. Open TurboTax
  2. Go to Income
  3. Scroll down to Less Common Income
  4. Choose Miscellaneous Income
  5. Click on Revisit
  6. Click on Revisit under Cancellation of debt (Form 1099-C) or the abandonment and/or acquisition of secured property (Form 1099-A).
  7. Hit Continue until you get to the input for Box 2 of your Canceled Debt
  8. You should be able to make corrections to your input.

Same problem.... Misc Income 1099 A and 1099C is incorrect  Revisiting Cancellation of debt is no help. I have no cancelled debt. How do I change this number?

FangxiaL
Expert Alumni

Can you clarify which form you received?

@TPerk100

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks,

We did not receive and are not going to receive a form. That's why we need to delete it. This entry is me just doing some estimates a couple of months ago.

So my question is ................ How do I delete the entry?

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

This Turbo Tax FAQ will show you how to delete a form.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/accessing/help/how-do-i-view-and-delete-forms-in-turbotax-online/0...

@TPerk100

I see no menu called Tax Tools nor can I find the popup "Tool Center" per the FAQ.

Now what?

FYI, I am working off the TT CD

Thanks

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

@TPerk100 In the desktop version of TurboTax, you use the Forms icon on your menu bar in TurboTax to bring up a list of forms. Then, you click on the form you want to look at to make it appear on you screen. To delete a form, you use the Delete Form tab on the bottom of the form you are looking at.

Thank You. There is no Forms Icon, but there is a Forms selection under the View menu.

Problem Fixed.

CASE CLOSED!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies