Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TurboTax update to 2021 American Rescue Plan

not in my version. what version do you have?

Just checked for updates and my forms haven't changed since this morning.  Do you know if the update is only for the online version?  Has the purchased downloaded version been updated yet?

I have download and online version. The online version is indeed updated for the Advanced Premium Credit. The download version is not updated yet as of a few minutes ago.

Thanks, I appreciate your reply. Hopefully it's just a matter of days until the downloaded version is updated.

I use the online version 

I can only comment on what I used, the online version. I checked this morning and it wasn't updated. When I checked this evening, it was updated and automatically calculated my ACA Credit. 

Turbo tax desktop undated this morning and it removed the PTC value. Form 1040 Schedule 2 is now gone as Form 8962 as I would expect.

However I now receive an error when I open the return in Tutbo Tax. The error message is as follows:

TurboTax has switched to Forms because there was a problem. If this problem continues, select the 'Click for Solutions" below for more information

Error 25300

The Click for Solution hyperlink opens a blank webpage.

Can anyone assist?

Desktop version updated this morning and all works well! Thanks for the replies and the heads up! 

I just noticed that the update reflecting the premium tax credit excess repayment is not complete.

The excess premium tax credit that is no longer required to be repaid, is still reflected as an additional medical expense deduction.

Since taxpayers are no longer required to re-pay the excess premium tax credit, this additional amount should NOT still be reflected as an additional medical expense deduction.

great question. 

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

We are still waiting on the IRS.  There is no guidance has been issued yet.  They will provide more details soon.   To read details from the IRS, click here:

https://www.irs.gov/affordable-care-act/individuals-and-families/premium-tax-credit-claiming-the-cre...

@jimgarrison

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Then why make any update at all if you "are still waiting on the IRS" ??

To do so is not good for folks who would not catch this issue and assume the update was correct and complete.....the partial/incomplete update issued today was clearly erroneous and this issue was not thought about.

My 2 cents worth.

tribe0516

So the software was updated, but then on March 23 IRS clarified that unemployment shouldn't be counted in AGI. They'll need to update again. Otherwise I'll owe more, so I can't file just yet.

@tribe0516 wrote:

So the software was updated, but then on March 23 IRS clarified that unemployment shouldn't be counted in AGI. They'll need to update again. Otherwise I'll owe more, so I can't file just yet.

It depends.  For some things it IS included in AGI and for others it is not.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies